Wednesday 9 March 2016

Tuesday 19th January (Rent All Day Rehearsal)

In this rehearsal we planned to do two full runs, one with each cast. My cast went first, and the other second. The second run was really useful for me because I could make any last minute changes or developments to my off cast characters. These include a homeless person in Rent, a Life Support member, a dancer in La Vie Boheme and protester in Over The Moon. For my Rent character I used much more arm and hand gestures to show I was angry and aggressive, I came together with my cast more to show that we all are angry about the same thing, especially in the unison parts, this also helped me to stay in character. As a protester, I have decided that I want to be the same character as in the opening song Rent, so that I can show more character development, and it also make it easier for me to get into character.  I am showing this through similar hand gestures as to in rent but this time it is in support of Maureen.

My casts run went really well, I feel it was the best we've done yet and I am feeling really positive and prepared for the upcoming shows. My main strength was my energy and attitude in Out Tonight and Another Day, as it helped me to feel more comfortable. A weakness would be that I would like to feel more confident with the lyrics in Without You however I got it right today and know that I can improvise and find my place again if i do mess up.

No comments:

Post a Comment