Friday 22 April 2016

My Preparation For Rent Dance Audition

Knowing I had a dance audition coming up for Rent, I wanted to prepare myself as much as possible. Althought there were no physical preparations, I could familiarise myself with the music we may be using in the workshop. Doing this gave me better understanding of the whole script and the context of the show. I specifically listened to the main dance numbers such as La Vie Boheme (A&B), Santa Fe and Rent. All of these songs have different styles of dance in the,, and different characterisation. Assuming these will be ensemble pieces in the show, I have watched others' videos online of them performing these numbers. This has given me some choreography inspiration for if we need to devise in the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment