Saturday 7 May 2016

Episode 1 - Guard Scene

This scene is my main character scene, in this I play the guard, and I tell King Creon about Polinices' burial. But at this point I am hiding the fact that I know it was his niece Antigone. I have two speeches in this scene, The scene starts with Creon making an announcement to the crowd chorus, as I enter it must act as if I have been running to tell Creon this news as a messenger. I created this effect by running onto the stage slightly after James (Creon) had finished talking, making it seem more natural. I was out of breath and taking small steps around the stage to show I was stressed about talking to Creon. This contrasted well with James calm and introverted manner, before he got angry. This shows a difference in status, as he was physically higher for most of the scene but also had better posture and was more calm.
The blocking for my scene is quite simple, within my first paragraph I must slowly make my way to downstage right, but I need to make sure i keep turning, so that I am delivering my lines to Creon but also the audience around me. This can be quite difficult but with people seating all around me I feel I will find it quite natural to address them all. After my second speech, the chorus left around the stage slowly crawled off, in reaction to Creons anger.

No comments:

Post a Comment