Tuesday 1 December 2015

Thursday 22nd October (Rent Another Day Blocking)

James, playing Roger wasn't in this lesson unfortunately so me and Charley, playing Mimi in the other cast, looked at the movement in the song Another Day. To begin we wrote down the feelings that go with each section of text, and when we split into our character groups Charley and I did the same but with movement-





We tried these movements out and decided that they worked well. We had a slight problem with the end part, because for the last verse starting 'I can't control..' because we have to go to the other side of the stage, but because of our theatrical conventions we can't just walk around, so we have to go off stage at the top of the scaffolding to leave the apartment then go around the side where the audience is. I suggested we walk around the back quickly to the other side in a break in the lyrics, this is very short but it is just enough time and after son rehearsal I feel we can do it in time.
From this lesson, I feel much more comfortable with the blocking of this song, before I felt like I was standing around and not knowing what my characters motive was. I feel a lot more comfortable with the notes that I have so sing because I hadn't sang it through properly before this lesson. I also am more confident in the feelings that I need to portray throughout the song, and the way I need to stand.
In this next lesson I would like to work on I Should Tell You, because I haven't before, I want to rehearse Another Day further and look at the harmony at the end of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment